Adoption Attorneys serving Montgomery, Berks, & Chester County
The Law Office of Stephen Ross provides compassionate, personalized and experienced representation for all types of adoption in Pennsylvania. Our lawyers are familiar with the legal issues that may be involved with each type of adoption and can help you avoid roadblocks and delays.
We help families with all types of adoption, including:
- Private/independent adoption: Private adoptions involve a direct arrangement between birth parents and adoptive parents and often involve an intermediary.
- Agency adoption: If you are going through an adoption agency, our lawyers can assist with issues such as filing the petition for terminating the parental rights of the birth parents.
- Open adoption: An open adoption is one in which the biological parent retains some rights to contact with the child and sharing of information after the adoption.
- Closed adoption: In a closed adoption, the biological parent has no right of contact with the child or sharing of information about the child.
- Single-parent adoption: In the last 20 years, there has been a significant increase in the number of single-parent adoptions in Pennsylvania.
- Grandparent adoption: Grandparents and other relatives may adopt children who have been abandoned by their parents or whose parents have died.
- Stepparent adoption: A stepparent adoption process is relatively simple in Pennsylvania if both biological parents agree to or consent to the adoption.
- Foster-parent adoption: Our lawyers can help you adopt a child who has been living with you through foster care.
- Second-parent adoption: Second-parent adoptions involve same-sex partners who are adopting a child.
- International adoptions: International or foreign adoptions can be highly complex and involve the laws of both the host country and Pennsylvania. In effect, you must adopt the child twice: first in his or her home country and then in the United States.
Contact Our Attorneys About Adoption Services in the Tri-County Area
Contact us to discuss your case with our Pottstown adoption attorneys. We serve families in Montgomery County, Chester County, Berks County, Philadelphia County, Lancaster County and all surrounding counties in Pennsylvania.