Adoption Lawyers Serving Montgomery, Chester, and Berks County Pennsylvania
Adoption is truly one of the only areas of the law that can bring joy and happiness both to the client as well as the attorney. Without adoption, many children would grow up in a life of neglect, abuse, pain and misery.
Adopting a child can be an exciting process! You are not just expanding your family, but you are creating a loving home and positive future that may not have been possible before you made the decision to adopt. However, there are some legal steps that must be taken before you are able to call the proposed adopted child your own.
The Law Office of Stephen Ross provides compassionate, personalized and experienced representation for clients seeking adoptions throughout southeastern Pennsylvania. We offer flat fees so you will know your adoption costs upfront. Contact us to talk to an adoption attorney about your case.
We can answer your questions about the adoption process in Pennsylvania and assist you with:
- The different types of adoptions: Our lawyers handle all types of adoptions, including foster care adoptions, stepparent adoptions and grandparent adoptions.
- Facts about adoption: The parent-child relationship is as much a legal relationship as it is an emotional or biological one.
- Legal requirements for adoption: If you wish to adopt a minor child, you need to meet several requirements.
- Planning for the adoptive placement: The steps of adoption may vary for different types of adoption.
- Legal proceedings in adoption: To begin the adoption process, an adoption petition must be filed in the county where the agency, adoptive parents or birth parents reside.
- Terminating parental rights: The first thing that needs to be done in a stepparent or grandparent adoption is to terminate the rights of the natural mother or father. A child can have only one mother and one father at any given time.
- Tax aspects of adoption: You may be able to get a tax credit for qualifying expenses paid to adopt an eligible child.
Contact Our Montgomery County Stepparent Adoption Attorneys
Our attorneys are ready to help you get positive results. Contact us to discuss your case with our Pottstown adoption attorneys. We serve families in Montgomery County, Chester County, Berks County, Philadelphia County, Lancaster County and surrounding counties in Pennsylvania.